Monday, July 30, 2007

Sights from the Window


So we've found this great little coffee shop here in Managua - El Coche Cafe. I can get a huge cup of coffee for about $0.75. And it's really good coffee, too.

I spent the morning at El Coche, and here are a few things I saw out the window:
- 2 guys selling Spider Man kites
- a stray dog trotting by
- an old woman tottering off a public bus
- a steady stream of new cars & SUVs pulling into Managua's only bulk retailer (across the parking lot from El Coche)
- a 2-wheeled cart pulled by a scrawny horse laden with lumber
- a hand-me-down ambulance from a European country
- kids with matted hair begging for spare change
- an old man selling paintings
- a bicycle balancing 4 huge baskets

A typical morning in Managua.
--Alan

1 comment:

Lindsy said...

oooh, that's a fantastic image of Managua. Or... por lo menos typical. I should do more descriptive pieces in my journal. or perhaps I will just peruse your bello blog some more while I wait for Eli to return from the airport. :)