Saturday, June 23, 2007

Honduras Retreat

We just got back from 10 days on the north coast of Honduras where we had an MCC mesoamerica retreat. We stayed in a great hotel right on the beach, and after the retreat we spent several days vacationing on several islands off the coast. It was our several days on 'Tropical Island Paradise', as we called it. We snorkeled (Alan for the first time), ate freshly caught fish, kayaked to a deserted beach, and coated ourselves in sunscreen.

Here are some pictures from the Tropical Island Paradises of Cayos Cuchinos & Utila. We'll post more pictures from the snorkeling later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS! I love tropical environments...and a deserted island--how exciting! :) Looks like you guys had an amazing trip. I remember the first time I snorkled. We laughed as these little "bubbles" floated by, realizing they were baby jellyfish. This was no big deal until the mama jellyfish appeared. I grabbed Jeremy's arm (this was in Jamaica on our honeymoon) and screamed...no sound came out, however due to having the snorkeling equipment in my mouth...we were unharmed, but it was scary none the less. I hope you guys saw some awesome and beautiful things! I think about your often and pray for you continually! Love you!