Wednesday, March 25, 2009

One More Year

We're almost at the 2.5 year point of our 3-year term of service with MCC. So we've had to make some decisions...end our term in Dec. of this year (2009) or extend until Dec. of next year (2010). Right before Simon was born we decided that we'd like a little more time here in Nicaragua. We've learned a lot over the past 2.5 years and we feel that God will be able to use our gifts for continuing service in an extra year. Also, we like our jobs, we love our neighborhood, and we think Nicaragua is a good fit for us at this stage of our lives.
We'll have a 60-day home leave in the US sometime in Dec./Jan./Feb. of this coming year. After that, we'll return to Managua for our fourth year of service. We appreciate your continued prayers and support! - Alan & Beth & Simon

3 comments:

Emily said...

DC 2010 or bust! :)

Beth said...

Yay! Let's make a club of Latin America region MCC'ers who've extended their terms...the list currently includes you, me, Irma and Antony, Toby, Nate, Adriana, Erin Sigler, any others?

I'm glad we'll continue to be in Central America together:)

Love Beth

Lindsy said...

that's great! I'm happy for you, and happy for your neighbors/the people you work with, etc.!

I would love to be able to just quedar for helados and chat some day! I miss critiquing/philosophizing/questioning/venting with you!!!

besos from Spain.

p.s. I'm extending my time here, too. I'll go home for the summer and then come back for another year in the instituto and maaaybe a masters in the evenings...! :)
~Lindsy