Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The Hospital

We've come to know the Baptist Hospital pretty well in the past few months. This week I (Alan) got to know another section - surgery. I went to the ER last Thursday w/ lots of abdominal pain. Turns out I had a perforated appendix, for which an operation was required. I came out of surgery late Thursday night and spent the next 3 and a half days in the hospital. I am now recuperating at home, trying to rest and drink plenty of liquids (the Managua heat can wilt even healthy souls).

I am grateful for the many people who prayed for me during these past few days. God's hand was over me through it all. I also appreciated the many visits. In the photo are MCC team members who dropped by last Friday. I also received visits and calls from several students and staff at the Baptist Seminary. It is good to be out of the hospital now, de-appendicized and feeling much better than I did last week!

6 comments:

pamela said...

omg, you guys really did have quite some drama last week--i am so glad you are okay, alan! i totally would have come to visit you if i have known...

Tim and Deb said...

aw Al aw. I'm so glad you're ok. Man - that's craziness. You continued recovery will be in our prayers! In the meantime - enjoy the weight loss you've gained from losing a part of your colon ;)

David Reese said...

Wow! I'm glad you made it through safely.

Anonymous said...

DenG, A-lAn... iS the BAr noW lEss? nAH....!

HoPE For SpEEdy RecoVery FOR You... Well, mAybE nOT Speedy So U Can CHiLl, HEhEHE!


MiSs u And bETh,

w (^_^)

Anonymous said...

Dude, I can't believe I missed this! I hope your recovery is going well.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are doing better. Juan Martínez