Saturday, July 19, 2008

Dancing and painting and stuff

I love this picture because it expresses how I often feel here. Everyone around me is dancing. I like it, and I want to be involved, but I know I don't quite fit in and sometimes I'm a little unsure. So I smile and join in the best I can. As Andy is doing in this picture. :)

This is the group of young people from various cities in Nicaragua together with youth from the New Guilford Brethren in Christ church in Pennsylvania. We learned (dancing, new languages, how to make tortillas, Nicaraguan history/culture, new ways of worship, etc.) and worked (painting and fixing roofs) together. We saw beautiful ways that the churches here are reaching out in their communities, and were inspired to follow this example. For more photos, click here.

No comments: