Sunday, February 11, 2007

Connecting in León



I have now started full-time into my work here as the "Connecting Peoples Coordinator." So far, it has involved meeting a lot of Nicaraguan people and organizations who have wonderful projects and vision to work for justice and empowering others--embodying God's Kingdom. (I know, you should all be jealous of what a great job I have). As one Nicaraguan woman in León told me yesterday--"God's mercy is reflected on each face--how beautiful are God's people!"

Yesterday, Alan and I went together to meet up with Marshall Poe and a Canadian Brethren in Christ work team who is staying and working in León. A cool city (though not in temperature) and a life-giving opportunity to connect with 2 congregations from different parts of the world.

No comments: